Use the work breakdown structure provided in Figure 2.6 for the credit card validation project an creating duration estimates.
1. How many activities have been created at the lowest level of the work breakdown structure (the activity list level)?
2. What types of people will be needed to perform these activities?
3. What tool and technique will you use to derive the estimate?
4. Determine the duration estimate for each activity. Please place your answer on the WBS below.
1. Six activities have been created at the lowest level of the work breakdown structure (the a list level).
2. Programmers and product engineers are the types of people needed to perform these activities.
3. Your best tool and technique to derive the estimate is expert judgment.
4. When you determine the duration estimate for each activity, your answer will look like the graphic below.
1. Determine what type of reserve time you might apply to the tasks at risk.
2. Add the reserve time to the appropriate estimates. Place new duration estimates on the WBS below.
1. The type of reserve time you might apply to the tasks at risk is a work unit.
2. If you add the reserve time to the appropriate estimates, your answer will look like the gra below.
^ previous next ^
Was this article helpful?
What you need to know about… Project Management Made Easy! Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management. How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome.