1. Define activity, event, and path as used in network construction. What is a dummy activity?
2. What characteristic of the critical path times makes them critical?
3. What two factors are compared by Gantt charting? How does the Gantt chart differ in purpose from the project master schedule?
4. How is the GERT technique different from the PERT technique?
5. When is each scheduling technique appropriate to use?
6. What is the difference between activity-on-node and activity-on-arrow diagrams?
7. What does it mean to "crash" an event?
8. Briefly summarize how a network is drawn.
9. Define "late start time" and "early start time."
10. How is the critical path determined?
11. What is "slack"?
Was this article helpful?
What you need to know about… Project Management Made Easy! Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management. How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome.