• Cost overruns, schedule delays, and penalty payments occurring earlier and earlier
• An inability to cope with new technology
• R&D results too late to benefit existing product lines
• New products introduced into the marketplace too late
• Temptation to make hasty decisions that prove to be costly
• Management insisting on earlier and greater return on investment
• Greater difficulty in establishing on-target objectives in real time
• Problems in relating cost to technical performance and scheduling during the execution of the project
Project management became a necessity for many companies as they expanded into multiple product lines, many of which were dissimilar, and organizational complexities grew. This growth can be attributed to:
• Technology increasing at an astounding rate
Was this article helpful?
What you need to know about… Project Management Made Easy! Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management. How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome.