If you have a program that can read either a text file or a CSV file, you can export information from Project to that program. You need to save the information that you want to export as either a text file or a CSV file in Project.
Note This process uses the Export Wizard and closely resembles exporting information *""""' to Excel or Access.
Follow these steps to export information to a text file:
1. Open the Project file that contains the information that you want to export.
2. Choose FileOSave As to open the Save As dialog box.
3. Select Text or CSV, whichever format works best in the program to which you're exporting, in the Save as type box.
4. Type a name in the File name box for the file that you are exporting.
5. Click Save. The Export Wizard begins. Click Next.
6. Choose to create a new map, and click Next. Project displays the Map Options dialog box, as shown in Figure 26-14.
Note |f you choose to use an existing map. Project displays a list of available maps.
Choose one and click Next to display the Map Options dialog box. If you choose to create a new map, you don't see the list of available maps.
7. Select the options for the export map, and click Next. You see one of the mapping dialog boxes. The one(s) that you see depends on the information that you chose to export. Refer to the sections "Sending Project data to Excel" and "Sending Project data to an Access database," earlier in this chapter, for details on completing this dialog box.
8. Click Next, and complete the additional mapping dialog boxes as appropriate. Note You can click the Save Map button to save the map that you created.
Was this article helpful?
What you need to know about… Project Management Made Easy! Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management. How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome.