Control Schedule is the process of monitoring the status of the projects to update project progress and managing changes to the schedule. Schedule control is concerned with:
• Determining the current status of the project schedule,
• Influencing the factors that create schedule changes,
• Determining that the project schedule has changed, and
• Managing the actual changes as they occur.
Schedule control is a component of the Perform Integrated Change Control process (Section 4.5). Table 6-7. Control Schedule Overview: Inputs, Tools & Techniques, and Outputs
r Tools & Techniques 1
2. Project schedule
3. Work performance data
4. Organizational process assets v J
2. Performance measurement
3. Schedule comparison bar charts
4. Variance analysis
5. Change control system
6. Project management software
7. Resource leveling
8. What-if scenario analysis
9. Adjusting leads and lags
2. Organizational process assets updates
3. Change requests
4. Project management plan updates
5. Project document updates
Was this article helpful?
What you need to know about… Project Management Made Easy! Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management. How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome.